Steve Harvey Banned From Entering The Philippines Over Miss Universe Mess

President Rodrigo Duterte in a press meeting Saturday evening announced a ban placed on Miss Universe host Steve Harvey from entering the Philippines after his major gaffe in last year’s beauty pageant.

According to Duterte, this ban has become necessary due to the organizers insistence in maintaining Steve Harvey as the host of the beauty peagent which would be held in the Philippines.

Duterte told his tourism minister that he was against having Harvey as the host of the prestigious competition, which will be held in the country next year, the Inquirer reported.

“Now the organizers are telling me they have a 5-year contract with Harvey and they could not replace him. Okay I have no problem with that. I have banned him from entering the Philippines. So he may stay outside the country and host the event from there while contestants are in here” – The president said angrily.

During Miss Universe 2015 coronation night, Harvey erroneously announced Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutierrez as the winner of the pageant.

He then returned to the stage sporting a nervously grim face, admitted his mistake and announced Miss Philippines Pia Wurtzbach as Miss Universe 2015 in what was deemed as one of the most awkward moments of the year.

Fans of Miss Colombia bashed him for apparently humiliating their representative, while Wurtzbach’s followers said his mistake cost the Queen her grand moment.